Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Empire Strikes Back strikes back

Three years ago I animated three scenes based on fifteen-second-long clips of Star Wars for a site called Star Wars Uncut. Hundreds of fans recreated scenes from Star Wars Episode IV and many were compiled into a new version of the movie, which can be seen here if you have two hours. My clips can be seen on my Vimeo channel.

Now the same folks are creating a fan-made version of The Empire Strikes Back. I have completed a clip, using a similar brush-nd-ink, cut paper animation technique as before. It can be seen on my Vimeo channel in the required "create your own soundtrack" version as well as the one you see here, using the real audio. Click on the video to see it on Vimeo widescreen.
Luke, An AT-AT foot, and Wandering Han from Gregory Nemec on Vimeo.

No comments: