Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How 'Bout Some Illustration?


Yes, I do illustrations. I just end up thinking about lots of other things and probably a part of me wonders who wants to see my artwork anyway. So here is one. This was used in Yale Alumni Magazine and accompanied an article that presented the theory that the great thinkers of the Enlightenment were not necessarily the originators of revolutionary ideas, and that many of their ideas came from so-called common people. The great thinkers synthesized and codified these grassroots ideas. I like this theory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I recognized this illustration. John actually spotted it in the Yale Alumni magazine first as something familiar in style, but I wasn't sure. Now I know!

Devon.

g nemec said...

You non-commercial artist types have to look in the gutter for the illustrator name. It's usually tiny. I am in YAM almost every issue. I love doing that job.